My family loves this basic veggie soup. It is hearty/filling and is great with a sandwich for lunch.
|~1.5||C||Sliced carrots (around 4 carrots)|
|~1.5||C||Sliced celery (around 4 stalks)|
|3||Garlic cloves, minced|
|1||Potato, peeled and cubed|
|2||Vegan bouillon cubes|
|1||t||Salt (or to taste)|
|2||C||Noodles/pasta of choice|
- Add water to a large pot and bring to a boil
- Add the bouillon cubes and whisk to disolve
- Add thyme, salt, nutritional yeast; stir
- Add all ingredients except the noodles
- Turn heat down, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes
- Taste and add more salt if needed
- Add noodles/pasta and bring to a boil; cook according to pasta package directions
- Add water if you want it more soupy
- Optionally add a squeeze of lemon or some fresh ground black pepper
- Bouillon cubes vary in flavor and sodium content. You may need to adjust the amount of bouillon.
- You can mix up the veggies, both in content and quantity. White beans are a good addition if you are wanting a heartier soup.